Friday, March 19, 2010

What is This Nesting Instinct They Speak Of?!?!

So I will be 37 weeks tomorrow which means I am considered full term and baby can come any day now! Usually by this point in my pregnancies, I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off - making meals, cleaning the house, organizing the nursery. They call it 'nesting' - basically preparing your 'nest' for your latest arrival. However, this time around what do I feel like doing??? 

NAPPING!!! 

That's right - I have been feeling exhausted all week, with little energy to do any sort of preparing for my little bundle of joy to arrive. Thankfully, I have a lot done already - the change table is stocked with cloth diapers and wipes, the rocking chair has been moved back into the nursery, the crib is set up ready to go. I have made a few meals for the freezer and the house is mostly clean (as clean as it can be with two other kids running around making messes each day!). So, I am not completely freaking out that I don't have energy to do much right now. Maybe the urge to do more will kick in next week.....

If not, at least I'll be well rested whenever Baby Boy decides to come out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment