Sunday, March 28, 2010

Everything is Cuter with Pigtails

When I was pregnant with Shaela and we found out she was a girl, I was so incredibly excited! I envisioned fancy dresses and cute tights and adorable hair bows and pigtails. And while she doesn't mind being dressed up in fancy clothes, when it comes to that adorable head of blonde hair, she HATES having it touched. It's a struggle to get it combed after bathtime most nights, let alone to get her to sit still so I can put any sort of embellishment in it. Xavier loves to have his head rubbed and his hair played with. Shaela - not so much.

However, this morning before church I was bound and determined to put her in pigtails for the morning! It literally took two of us to do it. We let her hold her baby and then Jared held her arms/her head still so I could quickly comb it up and get the elastics in. We finally got them in and she was screaming "Want it! Want it!" - meaning that she DIDN'T want them in. So I figured I probably shouldn't push my luck and try to get some clips in there with the pigtails. We managed to get her out the door and into the van without her pulling them out, but I wasn't expecting them to last through church. Thankfully, she got distracted by all the toys when we got there and she left them in long enough that I could snap a few pictures of her with them when we got home. 

She's so incredibly beautiful. But Jared and I decided that anything she does is ten times cuter with pigtails in her hair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment