Tuesday, March 16, 2010

36 Week Update

Well, Saturday marked the 36 week mark for me! For those of you that don't do the week thing - that means 8 months - and only one more to go! I had a doctor's appointment last Thursday and found out why I've been feeling like a beached whale lately - my tummy grew 4 cms in 2 weeks time! I was a little shocked! Thankfully, I hadn't gained any weight, though - which means that Baby is growing but I am not getting any fatter! :)

His heart rate and my blood pressure were both fine, so all is well. I go back again on March 30th. Was supposed to go on the 23rd, but we're in Brandon that day for Jared's work and that's the only day that week that my OB is in the office. So I have to skip that appointment and wait one more week.

As for how I'm feeling now - well, let's just say I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. Baby Boy decided to drop over the weekend so I have an intense amount of pressure on my bladder and he's now putting crazy amounts of pressure on the pinched nerve in my back. It's loads of fun, really!!! However, I have decided that I won't be horribly impatient this time around. With Shaela, I REALLY wanted her to come a week early - Jared was off for reading week, I was miserable. It made perfect sense. And then it didn't happen and I was so diasppointed and frustrated. So, I decided that this time around, while I am hoping he comes early enough for us to take him home over Easter weekend, I will not be grumpy and complain if he doesn't. He'll come when he's ready. :)


2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you're due so soon! a new folkerts is on it's way! yayayaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted Q for easter as well... he seriously came the Tuesday after. I was so upset (partly because I was on bedrest for easter and that made it suck more) but he came and was beautiful and perfect, as will your little one. Just take your time :)

    ReplyDelete