Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Busy Couple of Weeks

Well, as you've noticed, I've been MIA since before Christmas. Feels like we haven't stopped moving since then! Let's see...Christmas Eve Jared worked half a day, he came home and we all showered and got dressed up for the Christmas Eve service at Riverwood Church. Met Jared's family there and enjoyed some carol singing and a few dramas. It was nice. Then back to his mom's for supper and gift opening. We had lots of fun. Mom had made wonderful memory boxes for us of things about Dad. All the newspaper clippings and some keepsakes from years past. Definitely the best gift this year! We opened them while we waited for the turkey to finish cooking - it was taking a lot longer than expected - and apparently our kids were really hungry because I glanced up and there were Xavier and Shaela sitting on top of the kitchen table, devouring anything they could find to eat - applesauce, stuffing, buns. It made for a great picture, which I'll share shortly.

Christmas Day was slightly more relaxed. We were actually home in our own house that morning (in the past we've always been away visiting family), so it was lots of fun to sit around our own tree and see the kids faces light up as they opened their gifts. We also did stockings this year, which was a big hit and lots of fun! That evening, we joined Jared's family at family friend's of theirs for supper - which means I got out of cooking any sort of big meal this year! We had lots of fun visiting and eating and playing games.

Then Boxing Day we drove out to my parents house. Spent the day with my dad and step-mom and Dad's side of the family. The next day was at my mom and step-dad's house and it was a little chaotic - two of my step sisters were out with daughter and boyfriend, my older sister's boyfriend and children and a friend of hers with his girlfriend and her son, plus my younger sister and her three boys, plus us and our two kids - confused yet?!?!?! It was a housefull! But lots of fun and the cousins had a blast playing together.

Sunday night we came home and the last week and a half have been a whirlwind of activity - we bought a van and bought out the lease on our car - so we are now the proud owners of TWO Honda vehicles. However, we've had a ton of running around to do for that and papers to sign, and our car got broken into so we had to get that fixed. Got a stone chip in our van windshield that needed to be replaced. It's been nuts.

This week, thankfully, things are slowing down and getting into a bit of a more normal routine. I am FINALLY done with daycare kids and am officially a stay at home mom. The first few days of that have been WONDERFUL! Xavier is starting gymnastics tomorrow and I can't wait! He's going to be so good at it and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun watching him learn new skills - and showing off what a monkey he is! And in a few weeks time, we will be starting to potty train Shaela. She's been showing some interest for a few weeks, so we need to get on the ball and start working more intentionally with her. My goal is to get her trained before the baby arrives. I have three months, so we'll see how it goes!

Anyway...enough rambling! Time for pictures! I'll do a separate post for that since I have quite a few to share. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment