Thursday, November 26, 2009

It All Pays Off

So, today is American Thanksgiving and even though I am Canadian and celebrated this holiday a month ago, I am grateful today for so many reasons!

~ For the support of family and friends when Jared and I decided to move back to Winnipeg for Jared to finish school, instead of staying in Edmonton, even though he would have been done a year sooner.
~ For the Canadian government who has given us all the money in student loans. We wouldn't have been able to pay the bills without it, even if we did have to fight you tooth and nail for most of it.
~ For the National Child Tax Benefit and the National Child Care Benefit, who give us free money each month just for making cute babies. :)
~ For my inlaws for graciously offering for us to live with them for 8 months so that we could save up a down payment for a place of our own.
~ For the wonderful professors at Booth, who continually pushed Jared to reach his potential and actually finish his degree.
~ For all the support from family and friends when we decided to have kids while Jared was still in school.
~ For all the monetary gifts from family and friends over the years. We have never ceased being amazed at the unexpected ways in which God has provided for us over the years!
~ For all the meals, and clothes and other gifts of love that have been given to us.
~ For my husband. For persevering through SO many obstacles and actually finishing your degree! For putting up with me when I'm pregnant and miserable to be around! For letting me work at home for peanuts so that I can be with our kids each day. For being my best friend and continuing to love me, even when we drive each other crazy!

But mostly today, I am thankful for West Region CFS, the agency that has taken a chance on Jared and offered him a job!!!!! Words can't describe how incredibly excited I am for this opportunity - I know he's going to be great at it !!! All of the hard work and sacrifices have definitely paid off and I can't wait to start this new chapter in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful list you have:) That is wonderful news about the job!

    ReplyDelete