Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome!

I have been thinking about starting up a blog for quite some time, but haven't quite known what to write about or what to call it. I finally decided to take the plunge after reading my sister-in-law's blog and realizing how much I would enjoy having my own little piece of the internet.So, here we are!

First, a bit about myself: I am married to the most amazing man in the entire world. Some days he drives me absolutely crazy, but I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. I am also the mother of two incredibly beautiful children, with #3 due in April. After high school I did two years of university and then decided that ultimately I really just wanted to be a stay at home mom, so finishing my teaching degree wasn't worth the enormous amount of student loans I would have accumulated. I then did one year of Bible College and had a few odd jobs, but after my maternity leave was up with my son two and a half years ago, I decided to start my own home daycare so that I could spend my days at home with him! More adventures from the daycare later on.

I love baking and cooking and Jared has been trying to convince me to write my own cookbook. I've been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and I can't decide if they have inspired me to actually do it, or completely intimidated me! Time will tell I guess. I also love reading, scrapbooking, and in the summers, going to the beach and wakeboarding whenever I get the chance. Unfortunately, it's not often enough!

The title of my blog speaks volumes about my life as a young, work at home mom. When I think about how my life could have turned out if I had stayed in school, it would be so incredibly different than it is now! I would have been one of the 'normal' people who finish their degrees, then get married, and then start having children. But, being married at 20 while still in school, and having two kids by the age of 25 definitely does not make for what society calls an 'ordinary' life. And, while being a stay at home mom may not be the most glamourous job in the world, and you certainly don't need a university degree to do it, it is by far the hardest job I have ever had. However, it's also the most rewarding and I wouldn't trade it for a hundred university degrees.

So, without further ado, welcome to my anything but ordinary life! I hope you enjoy reading along as I share my joys and frustrations with being a wife and a mother, all the while trying to maintain a sense of who I am while caring for those around me.

Until next time!
~Dana~

No comments:

Post a Comment