Monday, November 23, 2009

A Love Affair Like No Other

Unfortunately, this is not a love affair that I enjoy. Rather, it is painful and annoying. It pops up at the most inconvenient times. And quite frankly, I would much rather live without it!

What is this affair I speak of?

It's between me and my box of Zantac.

{image found here}

Yes, you read that correctly. I, unfortunately, am plagued by heartburn while I am pregnant. And after four bottles of Maalox I had to switch to Zantac with my daughter because the Maalox just wasn't cutting it anymore. This time, I have decided to go straight for the hard stuff. No chalky pink tablets in my mouth this time around! Thankfully, the Zantac does the trick - although I wouldn't mind if it didn't take half an hour to kick in. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Speaking of which - I have another love affair to share about - the one with my baby. I had my ultrasound today and got to see our latest little bambino dancing around on the screen. Apparently this baby is pretty active - the tech even said it's the most active baby she's seen in a long time! I had to chuckle at that. The other two were quite busy as well, but I think this one has definitely wiggled the most during the ultrasound. Seeing him/her on that screen makes everything so much more REAL! I've had no doubt I'm pregnant - the growing belly, the heartburn and other symptoms, and the little kicks to the bladder each day have assured me of that. But to actually get to SEE this tiny, living little being inside of me. Words can't describe how incredibly cool that is! I love it! Now we just have to wait 20 more weeks and we'll get to meet him/her!

Unfortunately, I don't have any ultrasound pics to share today. You have to order a CD of them from our hospital and it costs $50, plus tax. We decided to forgo them this time around because we plan on making a trip to Baby Moon Ultrasound and we'll be getting pictures from there. We went with Shaela because we wanted to find out her gender and they won't tell you at St. B's. We haven't decided for sure yet if we'll find out this time around or not, but the quality of pics you get from Baby Moon is way better than the ones you get from the hospital - mainly because at Baby Moon, they are just showing you all the things you want to see - the face, the hands and feet, the arms and legs. Not the heart, and the lungs, and the kidneys like at the hospital ultrasound. When you get the CD back from there you can tell what you're looking at in about 4 of the 30 or so pictures. Not very fun to show your kid when they're older! Plus at Baby Moon they give you a DVD of the entire session and print off a bunch of pics for you, in addition to a CD of all the pictures. A MUCH better deal for your money!

So, today, instead I have 20 week pictures to share! I got a new dress and some super cute boots the other day that I was dying to show off. :) Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. i'm excited to see the ultra sound pics!!

    and as i said in real life...lovely dress!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete