Thursday, November 19, 2009

Comfort Food and Stress Relief

So the other day I wasn't feeling well and decided that a great bowl of soup was just the thing to help perk me up. My husband had taken the kids for their H1N1 shots and I figured they'd be ready for comfort food when they got home as well. My new favorite recipe in this scenario???

French Onion Soup.

I have found a great recipe for it here and although I have tweaked it a little to suit our tastes (main change being Swiss cheese instead of Gruyere), it is simply to die for! My only beef is that I don't have any onion soup bowls. They are, however, on my Christmas list, so hopefully I can actually bake it in bowls soon, instead of my Pampered Chef skillet. Either way, it is delish!



The next day I was feeling much better, but the kids were driving me a little crazy, so when Jared got home I decided some stress relief was in order! My favorite thing to do to get things off my chest?? Whip up a delicious batch of cookies! Normally the kids like to help me, but sometimes I just need to spend the time alone in my kitchen with my mixing bowls creating delicious little circles of dough. I enjoy it even more now that I have a cookie scoop (also from Pampered Chef - I sell it in my spare time, so most of my kitchen is PC products!)

My recipe choices for the afternoon? Pumpkin cookies, Ginger cookies, and Cinnamon Buns.

The Pumpkin Cookies:


The making of the Ginger Cookies:

The finished product:


Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could snap a pic of the cinnamon buns - but they are already gone! :) My hubby and the kids like eating my baking almost as much as I enjoy making it!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh french onion soup.
    make me sometime dana + i'll love you forever.

    ReplyDelete