Friday, November 20, 2009

Second Cup How I Have Missed Thee


{image found here}

This evening my husband and I were feeling the need to get out of the house and do something. Since he still hasn't found a permanent job (he just finished school at the end of July) we don't have the funds to do anything fancy. So, we opted for the free entertainment provided by the Playland at St. Vital Mall. We figured an hour or so of running around would be sufficient enough to tire out the kids - unfortunately, that sort of backfired, and they are both still awake - but they had fun and it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours.

My favorite part of the evening? Jared and I treated ourselves to a delicious latte at Second Cup. I'm not a huge coffee fan, so my usual staple is the hot chocolate, but tonight I decided to be adventurous and tried the Mint Chocolate Latte. I was pleasantly surprised. Jared had the Vanilla Bean Latte and after trying a sip of his I decided that one wasn't so bad either.

When I was going to school in Edmonton, a couple girlfriends and I would go to Second Cup every single week. Part of one of our classes required us to have a sort of accountability group, and we spent our time at Second Cup each week. It was a wonderful time of companionship and great drinks, and I miss it dearly! So, it was a nice treat to be able to enjoy a hot drink tonight from my favorite coffee shop. Now if only my girls still lived remotely close to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment