Thursday, December 3, 2009

Something To Look Forward To

So I realize it's been a while since I've posted anything - but I feel like I have nothing exciting to share and I hate just rambling on about nothing. However, I am feeling kind of bored this morning and writing about it makes me feel slightly more productive. :P It's not that nothing has been happening lately - but it's nothing to write home about. It's been the usual laundry and dishes, and chasing after the kids. Changing diapers and kissing owies. Officially switching our daughter into Size 2 clothes (she's getting so big!). Making supper and doing even more dishes. Changing more diapers and reading stories and getting glasses of water before bed. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy it all! But I am excited for when I can actually get out of the house with the kids during the day and do FUN things with them!

You see, running a daycare has me housebound during the day. Our car can't fit any more than the two carseats for our own children, which means I can't go on any sort of field trips with the kids - other than short walks to the park. I get horribly motion sick on the bus, so that isn't an option at all. And I long for the days when we can go to the Children's Museum, or to the Zoo, or to the indoor park at the mall on cold days. Anything to get them out of the house and playing with new things. They get so bored with the same old toys all the time - and I get sick of sitting around the house with them all day. Colouring and puzzles and reading stories can only entertain them for so long!

I am also looking forward to being able to grocery shop in the middle of the afternoon. To run errands before 6 o'clock at night! To go to Mom's group again and interact with other adults during the day! There have definitely been a lot of perks to working at home, the main one being at home with my kids all day - but after two and a half years, I am ready to say good-bye to my daycare kids and just be a stay at home mom. Only 12 more days to go (working days, that is) and I will be finished. It's bittersweet, because I have had a lot of fun watching the kids I've had grow up and learn and discover new things while at my house. But I am definitely looking forward to sleeping in again and not having to work 10 hour days!

January 1st, you are definitely something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment