Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting Excited

Well, with a bit of snow on the ground, it's finally starting to look and feel a little bit more like Christmas is coming and I'm getting very excited for it! I think it's one of my favorite holidays, minus the freezing cold weather. That part I could do without! :P

I do, however, LOVE all the pretty lights up everywhere and getting to spend lots of time with family. Plus all the good food. Now that I have kids, I enjoy watching them open up gifts as well - don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting new things as well, but for me, the gifts aren't really all that important. I also love Christmas music - now that I no longer work in a mall that is! I did retail throughout high school, and I tell ya, working almost every day and having to listen to Christmas songs for hours at a time really kills your holiday spirit! But not anymore, thankfully. :)

Anyway....our Christmas shopping was finished a few days ago and I have all the presents wrapped and safely stashed in the basement where the kids can't get them. And as I mentioned, we finally have a bit of snow, so now I'm itching to put up some Christmas decorations. Namely, our tree. I spent the better part of the afternoon today rearranging furniture to make room for it. I really like rearranging furniture. It drives Jared nuts, but I can't stand things staying the same in a room for too long. I get bored with it and want to mix things up a bit, so I'll spend hours thinking about how to make different furniture arrangements work. Unfortunately, our house isn't that large, so there are only so many things I can do in this place...but I enjoy the challenge of figuring it out!

This is how my afternoon went: I had to figure out how to move things around in the toy room to make space for our tree in the corner. I had to move the bookshelf into the living room, rearrange the change table/desk and then slide the treadmill over. I also decided that once the bookshelf was in the living room that maybe the furniture in here should be rearranged. I pulled it all out, took out all the toys from underneath them and vacuumed the floor. And after moving everything around, decided it worked better the way it was so I moved it all back again. :P I did make a few minor changes, but the furniture itself is in the same spot as before. It's a little large for the room (we bought it before we moved in), so there are a very select number of ways to make it work in here.

All that to say, I am very excited for tomorrow afternoon when we'll be able to set up the tree and decorate it together. It makes me happy to watch the twinkling lights on it in the evenings....I just hope the kids will leave it alone once it's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment