Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

So I had every good intention of posting these pictures a couple weeks ago after we were finished setting up the tree....but I got busy with the kids and shopping and now Shaela is under the weather and I've been uber tired the last few days. So updating the blog hasn't really crossed my mind. I have a few free moments this afternoon though - I really should be folding laundry, but I'm procrastinating - so here are a few pictures of our tree.







We don't own a tree topper at all - we've looked every year since we got married, but we've never been able to find one we like. We did, however, receive these little angels as a gift our first Christmas that we were married, so they have served as our tree topper ever since. Some day I do hope to find an actual star or angel for the top - but for now, these do the job just fine.

I also took a few more creative shots of the lights and ornaments.

 

I could lay under the tree and stare up at the lights all night. I love the glow they give off and they remind me of Christmas as a little girl. I think it was my favorite holiday and probably still is - it's so cozy and warm (well, inside!) and you get to visit with family and friends that you don't get to see very often. That's my favorite part. That and all the yummy Christmas cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment