Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Silly Sayings from the Kidlets

My kids crack me up. They seriously say the funniest things. Cases in point:

Xavier got a new bike for his birthday - we actually bought it a few weeks ago, instead of waiting until his actual birthday. His other one was just way too small. Anyway....he also got the movie, "How to Train Your Dragon" from my mom at his party this past Sunday. I have yet to see this movie - but he has seen it a couple times now. He watched it Monday morning and promptly decided that afternoon that his new bike was now a dragon named "Toothless". We went over to my mom's that evening so the kids could jump on her trampoline. As we were driving away from our house, Xavier says from the back seat in a very anxious voice,

"Dad...I don't want the flies and mosquitos to bite my blue dragon, Toothless (of course, referring to his bike, which was left sitting outside near the front step). I want the birds to eat the mosquitos instead."

Jared and I just chuckled and reassured him that his bike, would, in fact, be just fine.


The other funniest, and quite possibly the MOST adorable thing the kids have said came from Shaela while eating supper Monday night. We were talking about going over to Grandma's to jump on the trampoline and Shaela was trying to say the word. She doesn't quite get it right - so I was trying to slow it down into syllables for her so she could sound it out. After trying a few times and still not getting it, she gave me a big smile and declared,

"That's a really tricky one to say!"

Melted my heart and gave all of us a good laugh. She is just so gosh darn cute!

1 comment: