Friday, June 10, 2011

Updates from the Last Month

I know it's been awful quiet around here again lately. What can I say? Life with three kids is busy. :) In a good way, but busy, nonetheless.

Most of my days are spent cleaning up after the kids - as of late, it's been paper and crayons. Xavier has become a drawing machine! He loves to colour and draw pictures, and especially loves when Mom or Dad draw pictures for him which he then colours in. It's been a stretch of my artistic abilities, that's for sure! When Xavier is not busy colouring, he's still into climbing and running and jumping on anything and everything.

Shaela, despite loving to wrestle with her brother, can only handle so much and then she'll retreat to her room where she loves to have tea parties and read stories to her multitude of babies. She doesn't like Cohen going in her room anymore, but she is very good about getting him his own toys to play with.

Cohen - what can I say. I think he may be our busiest baby yet. He LOVES to climb and figured out to to get onto the kitchen chairs and then on to the table a few weeks ago. It now forces me to put the chairs against the wall or stacked on top of the other so that he can't climb up there. He is a very cuddly little boy still and loves to have his snuggles before nap and bedtime. He just got teeth # 5 and 6 the past two weeks. I'm thankful they are both through and hoping the next ones decide to wait a few months! He gets very grumpy when teething! He also has a bit of a temper emerging and will let you know when he's not happy with you. The kid can almost pierce an eardrum with his scream and is almost to the point of perfecting the 'throwing himself on the floor while wailing' tactic. It doesn't work in getting him what he wants, but he likes to think it will make me change my mind.

 Over a year into it and we are still not regretting our decision to cloth diaper. We did finally get a diaper sprayer and that has been awesome! Why we didn't get one sooner, I'm not quite sure, but I'm very glad we have one now!

As for me, I have been enjoying sewing more and more things. I finished Shaela's dress that I had started and and almost done my sewing machine cover. The fabric store is having a sale the next couple weeks on a bunch of different things, so I think I'll be stocking up on fabric while I can get it for cheap. Plans for the future include pj's for the kids and a pouch sling for myself, among other things.

And of course, what would an update post be without a few recent pictures?!?!? Enjoy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment