Monday, July 4, 2011

Almost Like New

Our kitchen chairs have been starting to bite the dust for quite some time, but buying new ones was not in the budget. After much thought about what to do, I finally realized that it wouldn't be that difficult to re-do them. So, off we went to Home Depot to pick up a sheet of plywood and then to the fabric store to get foam and material to cover them in. After tracing out new seat bottoms and getting Jared to cut them out for me, I cut out the foam and went to town with the staple gun. It was a very easy DIY project, and I must say, a lot of fun! They're not the most fabulous chairs in the world, but they are almost as good as new. In fact, I like the funky patterns that I chose a lot better than the yucky microfibre they originally came with - which, you can see in the picture, was getting very stained - hazards of having small children, unfortunately. Hopefully the chairs will now last until we get a bigger table and chair set down the road - and even then, I'd like to be able to hang on to these for 'extra' chairs when we have lots of company over.

BEFORE:


AFTER:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment