Monday, September 13, 2010

The First of Many Firsts

Today marked the first day of my first child's first day of preschool. It is the first of many first days of school that we'll have, but I think of all of them, this one will be the hardest. My baby is growing up and as excited as I am for him, it was a little bit hard for me to say goodbye. I put on my best brave Mommy face, gave him a kiss and a big hug and after lingering for the first few moments of their afternoon at the doorway (along with about 5 other parents), Jared and I left our little boy in the hands of another person. 

This is the first time we have truly entrusted him to someone else's care. Sure, we've left him in the church nursery - but we've always been in the other room, just a pager number away. And the kids have had overnight visits to Grandma and Grandpa's on numerous occasions - but it's my parents. I know them. I trust them. Not that I don't trust his new teacher - we met her last Wednesday and she seems wonderful! But it's different and I really can't put into words how my heart is feeling right now. I just know that I couldn't help but shed a few tears as I walked Shaela and Cohen back to the van to come home. My little boy is growing up!


All ready to go!

At his 'locker' in his new classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment