Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Absense Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?!?!?!

Is that true for blog readers as well?!?! I'm not so sure. I think it may make you lose interest and never check back in! I hope not - but in any case, I apologize for my absense! Part of the problem is that I like to include pictures of what we've been up to in my posts. And I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to uploading pictures off of the camera. Right now apparently blogger is telling me that image uploads are disabled for maintenance...so I'm just gonna have to live with a photo-less post.

Let's see....my last post was about Xavier's first day of preschool. We are now just over a month in and he is LOVING school! He really enjoys playing on the play structure and doing new puzzles at school. Still not sure if he's really made any friends yet. But he's a very independent kid, so I'm not too concerned. His teacher is fantastic and we really like her. And I have been enjoying the good hour and a half of solitude I get while he's gone and Shaela and Cohen nap.

What else have we been up to? On the 19th of September, we attended "Open Farm Day". It was a new initiative started this year by the MB government where farms around the province 'opened their doors' to the outside world and we got to come check out what they do and how they make their livings. It was a really fun day with the kids visiting four different farms around the Steinbach area. Our favorite was the bison farm - I'll post more about it in the next day or two when I can actually share pictures.

Xavier has also started back to gymnastics which he is also thoroughly enjoying. His teacher is great and I know she's doing a really good job of introducing the basics - but sometimes I still wish she would teach them more. For instance - they have yet to work on cartwheels at all! I could do one by the time I was three. Maybe one of these days I'll just have to take him to the backyard and we'll have at it. I would show him at the end of one of his classes, since we all get to go in to the gym to play for a few minutes, but A) it's been quite a few years since I have attempted one and I don't want to hurt myself, and B) I'm pretty sure the other parents would think I'm nuts. We'll see. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave enough to do one with him there....

Our dear little baby boy is also 6 months old already! Again, I'll post an update with pictures in the next day or two. First, I have to do a photoshoot with him (hoping for tomorrow)! He's growing like a weed, though and trying out all sorts of new foods. I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Cuisinart food processor that I ordered on Amazon today and then I'll be hosting a baby-food making frenzy in my kitchen next week. It's going to be great!

Well....I think that about sums up what we've been up to - I know, riveting! I promise to update with more pictures very very shortly!!! And perhaps update the look of the blog a little??? Feels silly to have sea-shells as my background when clearly it is no longer beach weather around here. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment