Friday, November 25, 2011

Vegas Recap

Yes, I survived the trip to Vegas! It was fun, exhausting, some parts disappointing, but overall a great getaway with my favorite girls. I won't bore you with a day-to-day account of what we did - rather, I'll just list the highlights:
- shopping at the outlet malls and FINALLY finding a pair of COMFORTABLE casual shoes (I've been searching for over two years - thank you wide feet for being the biggest obstacle in that hunt!)
- seeing "Le Reve" at the Wynn
- Old Vegas (Fremont Street)
- Caesar's Palace - so pretty in there!
- inside the Bellagio, particularly the chocolate fountain
- Madame Tussaud's wax museum
- going up to the top of the Eiffel Tower (half the height of the original, but still very cool) and watching the fountain/light show at the Bellagio from up there
- watching the fountain show at the Bellagio from the ground

Other things we saw that I wasn't overly impressed with:
- Rainforest Cafe. Cool atmosphere, but the food was only okay and it was pricey
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. Cool to see the sharks, but a lot smaller than they make it sound. Definitely not worth the $18 it cost to get in.
- M and M store and the Coke store. Neat to wander around through, but nothing spectacularly amazing in either place.
- Volcano in front of the Mirage. Glad it was free. They should devise a way to shoot the lava three times as high and then it would be more impressive.
- The Cheesecake Factory. I'm a bit of a cheesecake snob and was disappointed in the lemon raspberry slice I ordered. It had a cake-type bottom instead of the graham cracker crust and that ruined it for me. I still like mine better.
- All the flyers/posters/billboards for hot girls. They definitely call it "Sin City" for a reason!

Drinks there are also INCREDIBLY expensive. Most places will charge $4 for a bottle of water. Outrageous! We learned early on to let our ice buckets melt overnight and use that to refill our bottles in the morning. We also did a PILE of walking! I actually lost 4 pounds (which isn't necessarily bad, but since I'm 4 months pregnant, not necessarily good either!). Overall, it was neat to see and I'm glad I got to spend the time with my mom and my sisters. But I'm definitely not gonna be one of those people that will go there over and over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment