Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Batman and Cat Girl

My beautiful children decided this year that they wanted to be Batman and a cat for Halloween. Xavier's costume we found on sale at Sears for $10. SCORE! Shaela's on the other hand, proved to be a bit of a challenge. We're not the type of people to start buying costumes for our kids ridiculouly early. Or even think about buying costumes that early. We like to wait until about a week before. And then start planning. Cuz, you know, working under pressure is so much more fun! :P

Anyway...after hitting up every store I could think of that might sell a cheap cat costume, I was out of luck. I couldn't find one anywhere! So, I got creative - which I love. Walmart had black stretch pants and a black shirt for $6 each. I picked up a nice thick headband there as well. And then went to the fabric store for some black fleece, which cost me less than $2.00. A couple hours later, I had sewed a tail, stuffed it with plastic shopping bags and stitched it to the pants. I also cut out ears and sewed them to a larger piece of the fleece. Then hot-glued it onto the headband. Voila - cat girl! Oh, and I picked up some black mini-mitts and stuck white felt onto them to make them look like paws. Add on some whiskers and a pink nose and she was the cutest cat on the block!



1 comment: