Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Wait is Over!

Our baby boy finally decided to make his arrival last week - and it's been a bit busy in our house since then, which is why I haven't updated on here! However, I am very pleased to introduce Cohen Whittaker. He was born Monday, April 12th @ 3:44 am. Weighed 7 lbs, 13.6 oz and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. He's beautiful and wonderful and oh so perfect! He had his days and nights mixed up the first two nights, which made for a very tired Mommy, but he has been sleeping MUCH better since then! He's done a few nights now with a 5 hour stretch, so definitely no complaints from me! I'm still tired, of course - having a new baby is quite exhausting! But it's a good tired. :)

Xavier and Shaela are absolutely loving their baby brother. Both of them have an abundance of hugs and kisses for him each day. And Xavier likes to rub his head and will say, "I like him, Mommy!" It's too cute for words!

Other than being tired, I am feeling great myself. I had another easy labor and delivery (only pushed for 4 minutes!!!) so I've been up and about a lot the last week and a half. We've had quite a few visitors stopping in as well and it's been lots of fun to show off our new addition. 
Of course this post wouldn't be complete without pictures!! The first two sets are from in the hospital and the last two are from this past Saturday when he was 5 days old. Enjoy!!

 

1 comment:

  1. He's a beautiful baby :)

    Oh, and I figure Carson's nights/days were mixed up those first few nights too - until my milk was in... glad to hear he's sleeping well for you now :)

    ReplyDelete