Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Renovations 'R' Us!

My little blog has once again been sorely neglected, and I would like to say I'm sorry for my absence...BUUUUT things have been just a little bit crazy in our household, so I don't really feel the need to apologize. I'm sure you'll all understand. :)

Let's see....I'll do the Reader's Digest version of our moving story, since I could spend an hour recounting it all and it will just frustrate me all over again. We ended up with a dead battery in our Uhaul when we went to pick it up. They charged it, we brought it to our house, loaded it all up and were ready to leave and it wouldn't start. Assumed it was the battery again. Turns out it was the starter. That was Saturday, March 14th around 4:30 pm. By 7:30 pm we were finally in a hotel room for the night (compliments of Uhaul, so we booked the biggest suite available. Can we say, Jacuzzi???). Many, many frustrating conversations and enough anxiety to almost cause a mental breakdown later and our truck full of our stuff finally arrived at our new house Monday evening just after 9 pm. Got it all unloaded Tuesday evening and we've been working like crazy people to get the new place unpacked/organized/painted/renovated. Didn't help that Jared and I took a vacation to Florida and the Bahamas for just over a week at the end of March. Although that was a much deserved - and much needed! - break from life. If I could afford to lay on the beach in the Bahamas every day from now until I died, I'd be a happy woman.

And that pretty much catches us up to today! We have yet to take any 'after' pictures of the house - I'm hoping maybe tomorrow? We have a few small things to do yet on the main floor and then we need to start saving to do the backyard once all this crazy snow finally decides to melt. Yep, that's right. We still have snow! A good six inches or more in places, although we can see grass finally on a good portion of the yard.

Anyway...it is once again bedtime for the kiddos. I should go help Jared tuck them in - I love that man, can I just say that? He is so awesome at sharing parenting duties, especially when I'm feeling too wiped to do them myself. Once the kids are sleeping we have a date with the tv. OKC vs. the Nuggets tonight. A rare moment of rest for the two of us this past month. We've pretty much been working on the house non-stop every night (in between cooking and cleaning and laundry. If there were none of that, we'd be done by now!). I promise there will be an update with way too many pictures in the very near future. And hopefully some more regular updates, but I can't guarantee anything. Life with three kidlets really is anything but ordinary! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment