Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pink Dragon

 
I have a new nickname.
 
Way back in March during the week of Spring Break, my mother in law and youngest brother in law took Xavier on a 'date' to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon". Since that day, he has been a boy obsessed. He talks about dragons, pretends he's a dragon, and he now has to take his toy dragon to bed with him each night. I find it rather adorable, especially when he starts talking to me about himself as a dragon. A few weeks ago, we were having one such conversation and he was telling me about how he was a black dragon.

He had black wings, and a black tail, and he breathed fire. And then he looked at me and asked, ever so innocently, "Mom....are you a dragon too?" 
 
"Why yes, Xavier," I replied. "I'm a PINK dragon! With purple spots and a blue tail!" 
 
He found this rather amusing and after a few minutes we stopped talking about dragons and he went back to playing in his room. Later that afternoon, while Shaela and Cohen napped, he was watching a movie while I did some work on the computer in the basement. About half an hour into the kids' nap, he came half way down the basement stairs, turned to face me and said, "Pink Dragon - I need a snack! Please come upstairs with me, Pink Dragon."
 
I just about died I laughed so hard. I love that boy and his wild imagination!
 



1 comment:

  1. *lol* That is soo cute :) Kids say the cutest things!!

    ReplyDelete